Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Courage

So I realized that I am the worst at taking compliments. I have had people call me beautiful and I just don't know how to take it. I know I'm not hideous, but I have a hard time believing what people say. A part of me thinks that when someone compliments me it's because A. they feel bad or B. they want something from me. It probably has a lot to do with how I was raised. My mom has always told me to be careful and not to get too close to people. It also didn't help that growing up I had a poor self image from being put down constantly and being told I wasn't pretty enough or smart enough. I know I am smart, I know I am beautiful, and whatever anyone says I am a really good person. So why do I have such a hard time hearing it from other people? I have been told I give off an air of confidence, which I don't get at all.

All I want to do is enjoy life and be happy. I am so afraid of doing the things I want to do for fear of rejection, but honestly what do I have to lose? I want to try something new. I want to do what I want to do without over analyzing it. Courage is what I need. After all my motto is, No Regrets! Be A Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment