Thursday, December 23, 2010

Don't do it again!!!

I hate it when people ask me what happened to my hand and then say "you should be more careful" or my favorite "don't do it again!"' Really??? I was planning on doing this again next week. Yeah, I like hurting myself. I'm clumsy and I am fully aware of it. I try to be careful, but shit happens! I got a call from my aunt the other day for my mom, and when I said she wasn't there she starts giving me this lecture. She starts telling me how I'm too old to cut myself. Her grandchildren who are toddlers can hurt themselves, but I should know better because I'm not a baby anymore. Yeah thanks... I get it! Its been 10 days, so I took the stitches out. Yeah that's right, I took them out myself. It was hard enough letting my dad cut them, I couldn't bare to let him pull them out too. I still have to be careful because instead of stitches I have holes in my fingers. It's a lovely sight.

The worst part of it all is the fact that I can't do all of the girly things I want to. Like painting my nails, its driving me nuts that I cant cut or paint them. My hair look terrible! I just want it to get back to normal already! My fingers are so stiff from not bending them for 10 days. Whatever, I need to stop whining!

I realized today that I'm happy. There's nothing really bringing me down. The way I see it is that nothing can bring you down unless you let it. I love my friends, I love my family, and the rest is up to God. I just want everyone to be safe and happy. There is nothing that I want more than that. I'm so lucky to have people in my life who are so loving and sincere towards me. To me, you don't have to be blood for me to consider you my family. I don't use that loosely either. There are actually very few people that I would take from  friend to family. There are a few people that have changed my life or at least the way I see it, and I can only hope my existence has done the same.  If I haven't told them that, someday I will. There are those people who once meant so much to you and you spent so much time with them, but you just grow apart. I know people from my past will always be apart of my future because they have made a difference in my life. These people have molded me into who I am, and even that is always changing, but no change wipes your personality clean. I try to take every experience and learn from it. No matter how horrible or out of the ordinary something is, there is always a learning opportunity.

I know this is starting to sound like an essay, but what I haven't told you is that I write this blog for myself. I put my thoughts into words and it forces me to think about how I feel and maybe someday remember how I felt.

Take this holiday season to tell the people around you how much they mean to you. I love you for reading! Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment