Monday, December 27, 2010

Wrong in All the Right Ways


I absolutely love this video! Pink is crazy as hell, but this is just genius!
At the beginning there is a "big" girl saying I'll eat because there's no sense in trying to be that unrealistic cardboard cutout everyone wants me to be. To me this video says why try to fit the stereo type, just be you. Raise your glass to being different. Here's to the underdogs! I've spent my entire life trying to be "cool" worrying about what other people think. Its not even that I was trying to stand out, but just fit in. I hated standing out. I used to wish I could blend into the walls. Oh God does it feel good to be who I am and not "give a shit." It took me a while to realize it, but someone will love me for who I am, so why try to fight it? I would only be unhappy pretending to be someone I'm not. I'm not that same shy little girl who started college at UNT three years ago. I'm not afraid to be wild and crazy! I don't care if I stand out. I found that more people like me when I'm myself anyways. I have always loved everyone else, but I couldn't love myself. I've heard that you have to love yourself before anyone else can love you. I'm a really good person, at least I think I am, so why shouldn't I love myself? I do now! I LOVE MYSELF! I have grown so much this semester, and I am ready to be back at school and with the people who understand where I'm coming from. It's not that I don't love my family or that I don't want to be around them, but I am looking forward to the new semester/ fresh start.

So raise your glass if you are wrong
In all the right ways
All my underdogs, we will never be, never be
Anything but loud
And nitty gritty dirty little freaks
Won't you come on, and come on, and
Raise your glass
Just come on and come and
Raise Your Glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment