Tuesday, December 28, 2010

PetSmart Animal Cruelty

Today I decided to explore the PETA website. I am surprised that I have never done it before now. The site is really interesting. It has stuff about animal cruelty, brands and products that test on animals, designers who use fur, and even information on going vegan/ vegetarian.

I stumbled across a section where PETA is pleading to its followers not to shop at PetSmart until they take action in response to the discovery of animal cruelty. I love animals, but I was never allowed to have anything but fish. When I go to get a new Beta fish I always think to go to PetSmart. Did you know that the supplier that ships the beta fish to PetSmart packs them into tiny plastic bags with barely enough water for the fish to live. I watched these two videos that came with the article and I am horrified! I'm sorry PetSmart, but you just lost a loyal customer. I don't want to bring the mood down, but I think this is important enough to spread the word. Please watch this video. I'm not going to post the video about the  baby Giffin's cockatoo. I was even more horrified, but feel free to click on the link if you are curious. Also, visit the PETA website.
here is a video about the supplier:

1 comment:

  1. Keep in mind PETA exposes lots of terrible conditions for animals, but doesn't do much but cause hysteria.
    http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/6KW7pJ/www.blameitonthevoices.com/2010/04/peta-facts.html
    If you're looking for an animal rights organization to support think about the ASPCA. They spend a large portion of their budget on helping abused and injured animals in no kill shelters instead of making a lot of hype about conditions we can't change. They're a lot less crazy to boot.

    ReplyDelete