Saturday, December 18, 2010

Maybe I'll be wiser in my 20's :)

I've been wanting to get back into writing for a while now, but just haven't had the time or the motivation. Mostly I just want to put my thoughts out there, because some of the craziness that goes on in my mind is just too funny not to share. So here is to my last day as a teenager!!!

Let me tell you how ridiculous it is that I am typing this blog with 8 fingers. Why am I so damn clumsy? Monday I was studying for hours and hours and decided to finally take a break and grab some food.  I went to my room and tried to open a can of Spaghetti O's with my roommate's left handed can opener . I sliced the top of my index and middle fingers of my right hand really bad. Uh-oh Spaghetti O's! It happened so fast that when I looked at my left hand and saw a puddle of red I had to think if it was spaghetti sauce or blood. It was most definitely blood. I ran to the sink and rinsed my left hand off and then looked at my right hand and I knew right away I was going to have to get stitches. I got so dizzy that I walked a couple of circles around my room before I realized that I didn't want to pass out in there by myself. I walked towards the front desk of my dorm and made it halfway there still panicking and trying not to pass out before a random guy grabbed me around the waist and walked me there yelling for Gabe, who was the RA working desk at the time. I remember a few of the people who were around me at the time and they were all so very nice and took care of me. Gabe wrapped my fingers up with gauze. They were kind of panicking too and my first instinct was to say "Just call Adam, someone call Adam." For those of you who don't know, Adam is an RA at Bruce... wait noo he is graduating today... he was an RA. I'm going to miss him so much! I think of him like an older brother.

Adam took me to the ER at Denton Presbyterian, but if he had his way they would have fixed me up at the maternity ward where he took me first. I saw "Women's Center" on the outside of the building when we parked but you have to know I wasn't in the right mind. I even remember saying " Adam it feels like being drunk, but my hand is bleeding." He was so sweet for talking to me and just taking my mind off of it, you could say we bonded over my blood :) I guess the shock kept me from feeling anything until the PA put about four shots into each of my cuts to numb it. She warned me it would be a pinch and then it will burn... oh God did it burn! I ended up with 7 stitches and a few anxiety attacks later that night. I had a sweet friend clean the blood that was all over my room and another friend tuck me into bed. I didn't find out until the next day, but two guys that live in my dorm spent about and hour cleaning my blood from the hallway to the front the desk. Who does that? I feel so loved and so STUPID at the same time. I shouldn't say that, a sweet sweet friend of mine would say "you're not stupid, you say that way too much!" I know I'm not stupid I'm actually a bit of a nerd, but sometimes I just do stupid things.


Anyways, that was my last disaster/adventure as a teenager. I took a multiple choice exam with my left hand and had to get another final postponed until January. I only took one final, I feel like I cheated my way out this semester. Oh ya, guess what I got myself for my birthday... 7 stitches! If anyone asks, tell them I got into a knife fight with my roommate ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment